Travel with the Leddicks to Sitka Alaska and beyond.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Denver Trip



I got to make a New Year's eve trip to Denver to visit Justin, Jenny and Emerson. It was so good to be back in Denver and to bask in the sun. Even though it was cold, I was so warm and happy - I'm not sure how much of it was due to the sun and how much was due to Emerson. It was so wonderful to see him again. To see his little personality emerging and to get to know him. The last time I saw him he was just learning to walk, taking a few steps here and there. Now he is all over the place, covering the entire length of the house in light speed and even conquering stairs.  He is so much like Justin - doesn't like to cuddle but likes having you around. He is curious and smart and extremely determined.

On one afternoon I went with the kids and the Porters to take their annual family Valentine's Photograph. Emerson was good for maybe two shots and then he wanted to do his own thing. We had one pose where everyone lined up side-by-side, holding hands. I got one shot then in the next Emerson was on his way again. A picture speaks a thousand words. It was the perfect photo of his individual determination --hope he is able to apply that much determination to everything good in his life. 

I love you little guy:)     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home