Travel with the Leddicks to Sitka Alaska and beyond.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Beautiful Day


Steve and I have discovered a new adjective: G-l-o-r-i-o-u-s. Granted this isn't a new word to my vocabulary, I've just found a new way to use it. I don't think I've ever thought of the word glorious outside of a theological context, as it relates to God or heaven or forgiveness. But glorious is just the word to describe the last two days here in Sitka.

The sky has been completely devoid of clouds and it was the most transparent shade of royal blue. The sun reflecting off the water gave it a silver shimmery hue, the likes of which I have never witnessed before. And although it was clear and sunny all day (something like 16 hours) it was never hot. Technically it was probably around 80 degrees but Steve says on days like these, "There is no temperature."

It has been so awesome to witness God's handiwork and creativity in this beautiful landscape. I guess when you think about it, my use of glorious to describe the last few days still is in the theological context. Sitka, what a glorious place to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home