Travel with the Leddicks to Sitka Alaska and beyond.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Brewed Tea


As Steve and I drove towards town from the ferry terminal we both had silly grins on our faces. Maybe it was the excitement or maybe it nervousness. I hadn't felt such anticipation since I was a small child on Christmas eve. Steve and I looked at each other and just busted out laughing. It all seemed so absurd.

We quickly found our apartment. Met our landlords and began to unpack. We couldn't get over the views. The absurdity of it all gave way to surreal beauty. It didn't take too long to unpack all our stuff and get our bed assembled for a great night's sleep.

The next day we spent a couple hours checking out the town and getting our utilities, phone, internet, etc. set up. I was having iced tea withdraws but alas there is no Panera here. I drove up to one of the two fast food restaurants here in Sitka, McDonalds (the other is Subway). Low and behold, they had brewed iced tea! I purchased a large with extra ice and took a seat at the picnic tables outside. There were eagles perched in the trees as fishing boats cruised in and out of the harbor. Yes, I do believe this is probably the most beautiful view from a McDonalds in all of the world. (That's my tea in the right hand corner).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you will not be able to make SUN tea up there.

8:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home