Travel with the Leddicks to Sitka Alaska and beyond.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

January 1 not only marks the beginning of a new year but it also marks our 6th month anniversary of moving to Sitka. For the past 6 months Steve and I have spent a lot of time exploring Sitka and getting to know it’s residents.
Since arriving here in July I’ve sold produce for Chelan, served coffee at the Back Door and landed a full time job with the Sitka School District. I’ve also: barfed over the side of 2 different boats, paddled a kayak around Japonski island and rowed a dingy to Mt Edgecumbe. I’ve danced with a halibut at the Stardust ball and been entertained at the monthly grind. Weather-wise, there’s been some sun and I’ve watched it rain, snow, sleet, hail and rain some more. I’ve worked with some wonderful ladies at the White E and shopped at dozens of garage sales. Steve and I have climbed to the top of Verstovia and Mt Edgecumbe (and slid most of the way down). We’ve watched the northern lights and examined tide pools; seen bears, dear, eagles, otters, ravens, seals, whales and slugs.
We love Sitka and even though we’ve explored and experienced a lot of what Sitka has to offer, it is really the people here who make Sitka such a special place. I can’t list everyone we’ve met and become friends with but I’ll just say thanks, you know who you are. We look forward to continued adventures in Sitka and meeting many more of its great citizens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home